Friday, May 8, 2009

Cause I'm the Mother, that's why....

Today I leave for my annual weekend away with my girlfriends. It's an event we look forward to every year! We rent a cabin or condo for the weekend, and indulge. We eat great food, sip on wine, window shop. We veg out, watch movies, sleep late. We spend hours in the hot tub or sitting and talking with absolutely no interruptions! Yes it's quite the celebration! There's only one problem....Separation Anxiety!!! And no I'm talking about what my babies feel, I'm talking about me. Of course the boys have a million questions on why I'm going, when will I return, what will they do without me...etc. This includes my husband. No the anxiety lies within me, to them I am the cook, the housekeeper, the nurse, the information station, the referee, the vet, well you get it.
So leaving even just for the weekend means all of this responsibility is in my husbands hands...now if you've read any previous posts you would know that he's quite the big kid himself. I do love him dearly and He and the boys are crazy about each other. He does a fine job with them no doubt, and I always discover this upon my return. I'm flooded with hugs and kisses and "we missed you" and I find nothing wrong whatsoever! But it never seems to cure me when the time comes again for me to go. I still get this knot in my stomach that says..."they'll need you terribly!" If you're a mom then you know of and probably dislike spongebob. There's an episode where Squidward takes the day off and leaves Spongebob in complete control of the Krusty Krab. All day while Squidward is supposed to be relaxing he keeps imagining the worst and rushes to the Krab to make sure everything is in order. Upon his arrival he notices everytime that everything in intact. This goes on until he finally gives up on his time and returns to work. Well this episode fits me exactly....so when others ask me which is all the time, "why do you worry so much, what's the problem" I'm simply answer "Because I'm the Mother, that's why"

No comments:

Post a Comment