Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Good Morning Tuesday...


It was one of those mornings where I woke before the alarm trying my best to fall back into sleep. My mind kept telling me to "get up!" but my body said stay a little longer. So I decided to just get up and at least greet the day in quiet and see my Husband off to work. It was a sweet morning, more smiles than I'm used to...and humor.

While trying to keep my husband focused on what he should have for lunch he stops me and says..."oh I forgot pablito in the van!" It did strike me as odd at first, I'm thinking...did he pick up a stranger named Pablito? No.....could he have? We settle the lunch matter and I walk him out, he motions me to come meet this "Pablito" and then I say, "Oh you're so silly you've changed your GPS again!' He just gives me a blank stare and frowns...I laugh of course slightly in confusion and he points to the steering wheel. Before I reveal "Pablo" just let me say, that I dearly love my husband and all his quirkyness and if you know him then you know he will forever be "a big boy!"
When I looked down I noticed a very tiny action figure strapped to the steering wheel with a yellow cord! My husband kindly introduces us... "Plablito meet the wife, honey meet pablito!" He says with such excitement. I laugh and smile at him sympathetically, for I know he can't help his boyish ways and that somethings are just better left untouched, unsaid.

We exchange our "I love you's" and he pulls away I wave sweetly and mouth to him..have a wonderful day and he rolls down the window while driving off and yells. " I think Pablito has terrets he talks all day but only I can hear him...He's a cool guy.."

Sigh....Poor Brian all that heat and cold can get to a man after so many years. Lonely long days in a van...But you stay strong Honey, be the best you can. Fix those heating and air units with pride and honesty. And you "Pablito" well, thanks I guess for keeping my dear Brian company.

No comments:

Post a Comment