Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Out of the mouths of babes...my babes!

So I've thought about this for a long time.. to start keeping a journal..track, whatever you want to call it, of the things my Children say. My mother and grandmother both reminded me this week that it's really something I should do! They do tend to surprise me quite a bit, and plenty of times have left me wondering.."Where in the world did they get that from?" My oldest of course says off the wall things of course he's older and so I expect it. My youngest however throws us plenty more! So I will write a few of the "quotes" I can remember...


One night while watching "Enchanted"

Matt: Mommy, do you think you'll ever be as pretty as the princess..I mean you're pretty but she's skinny and beautiful!" ( I don't remember responding..hmmmmm)

Yesterday at the Chiropractors office-the receptionist left for the evening.

Luke: MOM! Her, her just leaved!

Me: Yes Luke she did, it's okay.

Luke: You can't be serious..that's crazy!!? Mommy she can't leave work!

Me: It's okay baby, she's a big girl, she knows what she's doing.

Luke: Oh my gosh...(sighs) but we're still here!! (I just laughed :) )


Not sure what exactly we were doing, but we were in a crowded place!

Some Lady: Hello there cutie, what's your name?

Luke: He mumbles , can't understand him..he's very shy

Me: it's okay buddy, you can say hi, tell her your name.

Note: My mother and Husband named Lucas, I was completely lost in "Drug world" They named him Brian Lucas King. We call him Luke. Last year we decided to teach him his full name and this is how he sees it...

Me: go ahead bud...say hi...what's your name?

Luke: bashfully approaches the lady and says "Daddy lucas king!"

I thought I would fall out of the chair! I had to explain the reasoning behind his answer..hoping she didn't think I named my son Daddy! She got just as tickled and it stuck with him for a while..it still does. I find myself occasionally having to correct him. "you and daddy have the same name...your name isn't daddy!

I'll keep adding more as time goes by!

2 comments: